Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Wednesday Night 6 Pack


Woke up a little too late, and a little too uninterested, to check out the line on the Tigers today.  I doubt it would have had any impact on my picks for today, considering I was confident they would win today and Scherzer on the mound would jack up the line too high for me to lay.  Aside from that, I was surprised to find a lot of games that I did like today.  I was a little concerned that I liked mostly away teams, only one of the 5 sides I played was a home team, but considering I am doing this to see how good my handicapping is, and I'm not actually betting, I went with everything I liked.

Red Sox/Orioles Under 8.5 +100 @ 1 unit (Win, +1)
Red Sox -114 @ 2.5 (Win, +2.19)
Nats -128 @ 1.28  (Win, +1)
Pirates -150 @ 1.5 (Win, +1)
Dodgers -107 @ 1.7 (Win, +1.59)
Cards -117 @ 1.17 (Loss, -1.17)

The first three picks have won, the Pirates are in a game that won't end right now.  The Cubs went up 3-2 on them in the top of the 12th, then Pittsburgh tied it up and got the bases loaded with McCutchen up to bat.  He got the count full and promptly struck out.  Oh well, at least the pick is still live.  I'll update all the results later, when all the games are complete.

Update:
All the games are final, and all but one fell my way.  These are the days I wish these were bets instead of picks.  As long as I don't take a huge dump the next couple days, I should have a pretty good starting week.

Totals to date:
8-5, +5.43 units

No comments: