Monday, April 14, 2014

Less Than Expected


Had planned to do a decent bit of research into tonight's games during this afternoon.  Got way too busy to even think about that, but did have a few games I could research when things settled down.  As such, I only took two games tonight.  Both the Padres and A's are -117 against the Rockies and Angels, respectively, and I got .7 units on each of the games.  I think the Padres are the better pick here, and I'm not sure why I got down the same amount now for both in hindsight. 

I really like the A's chances, considering how hot their pitchers are right now, and the crazy output the Angels got from their offense last night, beating the Mets 14-2.  I like to bet against a team who scored more than 10 runs the night before.  Especially when that 10+ run game was against a team markedly worse than the next team they'll be playing, and the more runs above that 10 run line the night before, the more I'll like the other team.  The only thing that could have made this look better to me, is if it was in Oakland.  Oakland plays well on the road so far this year at 5-1 (5-0 as the favorite) and the Angels just won their 2nd home game of the season last night....but it's still a home game for them.

The Padres showed me that they can play with the best of them when they took two of three from the Tigers this weekend, and I don't think you can call the Rockies the best of anything right now.  I could see a little bit of a letdown here, but after rocking the last series at home, I have to believe they take three of the four games they'll be playing against Colorado the next four nights.  Only time will tell.

Totals to date:
25-17, +9.77 units


Update (4/15):
Looks like both teams bailed me out late in the games last night.  I'll try and remember that later on down the road when another one of my picks gets blown late in the game.  Record above updated to reflect the two wins for +1.2 units last night.  Nothing going tonight.

No comments: