Thursday, January 28, 2010

iPad



So, unless you are living under a proverbial tech rock, which probably isn't the case since I don't do a home delivery print version of this here Chronicle, you've undoubtedly heard about Apple unveiling the new iPad yesterday.

I'll reserve judgement until I can play with one at the Apple store, but as usual you have the Apple lovers calling the new product the best thing since sliced....apples. Yes, I went there. And you have the Apple haters, well, hating on it. Since I'm in the middle, with a slight lean toward being a lover, I think it sounds cool, it looks cool, but I just don't see myself ever having a practical use for it. It's somewhere between my iPod Touch and my laptop....both are pretty portable, so I really doubt you'll see me toting one of these around.

I was surprised to see the price on these units set so low. Maybe Apple is done with the whole "sell it at a premium for two weeks then drop the price" thing....or maybe they know how limited the market for this is and can't afford to put anyone off right away.

Whatever the case may be, I wish Apple luck with this product. Hopefully if it outdoes their expectations they will make my next iPod better and cheaper. Of course in the end, it all comes back to how it'll affect me. This is the Chronicles of Max after all.

No comments: