Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Morning Music, 1-26-10



1. Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades- Brand New.

"This is the first and last time," he says.
She fakes a smile and presses her hips into his.
He keeps his hands pinned down at his sides.
He's holding back from telling her
exactly what it really feels like.

He is the lamb, she is the slaughter.
She's moving way too fast, and all he wanted was to hold her.
Nothing that he tells her is really having an effect.
He whispers that he loves her,
but she's probably only looking for sss...

(Up the stairs: the station where
the act becomes the art of growing up.)
So much more than he could ever give.
A life free of lies and a meaningful relationship.
He keeps his hands pinned down at his sides.
He waits for it to end
and for the aching in his guts to subside.

2. Come Back to Bed- John Mayer.

What will this fix
You know you're not a quick forgive
And I won't sleep through this
I survive on the breath
You are finished with

You can be mad in the morning
I'll take back what I said
Just don't leave me alone here
It's cold baby
Come back to bed

3. Follow Me- Uncle Kracker.

You don't know how you met me
You don't know why, you can't turn around and say good-bye
all you know is when i'm with you I make you free
And swim through your veins like a fish in the sea
I'm singing....

Follow me
Everything is alright
I'll be the one to tuck you in at night
And if you want to leave
I can guarantee
You won't find nobody else like me

I'm not worried 'bout the ring you wear
Cause as long as no one knows
Then nobody can care
You're feelin' guilty
And I'm well aware
But you don't look ashamed
And baby I'm not scared

4. Lately- The Helio Sequence.

Lately
I don’t get lost in daydreams
I never lay awake at night
Staring in my bed
And I don’t think about your face
Or anything you’ve said
And I don’t think twice
When someone says your name
Or twist my mind in circles
Wondering which of us to blame

I’m living alone, living alone
I don’t need you, anymore
Living alone, living alone
I don’t need you anymore

5. Teenagers- My Chemical Romance.

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

6. God's Gonna Cut You Down- Johnny Cash.

Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's done in the dark will be brought to the light

You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down

7. According to You- Orianthi.

According to you
I'm boring,
I'm moody,
you can't take me any place.
According to you
I suck at telling jokes cause I always give it away.
I'm the girl with the worst attention span;
you're the boy who puts up with that.
According to you. According to you.

But according to him
I'm beautiful,
incredible,
he can't get me out of his head.
According to him
I'm funny,
irresistible,
everything he ever wanted.
Everything is opposite,
I don't feel like stopping it,
so baby tell me what I got to lose.
He's into me for everything I'm not,
according to you.

8. Let's Spend the Night Together- The Rolling Stones.

You know I'm smiling baby
You need some guiding baby
I'm just deciding baby; now-
I need you more than ever
Let's spend the night together
Let's spend the night together now

9. Crooked Teeth- Death Cab for Cutie.

'Cause I built you a home in my heart
With rotten wood, it decayed from the start

'Cause you can't find nothing at all
If there was nothing there all along
No you can't find nothing at all
If there was nothing there all along

You're so cute when you're slurring your speech
But they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

I'm a war of head versus heart
And it's always this way
My head is weak, my heart always speaks
Before I know what it will say

10. Someone Like You- Boys Like Girls.

Dont know where I'm goin' to.
Got nothin' to lose, I'm fightin' my demons,
Been lookin' for someone like you,
I've been lookin for someone like you.

When the stars explode,
And I'm all alone,
When they start to see the smoke,
When I'm finally burnin' out,
I'll need someone to carry me home safe and sound.

No comments: