Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Halfway There


After my binge eating weekend over the 4th of July, I began a very strict diet when I got home from up north. For a while now my weight has yo-yoed, and after the 4th I hit a very scary 245 lbs. On my 5' 10" frame, I shouldn't be much over 200, if at all. After plenty of consideration, I decided a goal weight of about 210 was good for my initial weight loss as I get back in shape.

This time around I am highly motivated, and the progress I have made in just 15 days is proof of that. I don't expect to lose 18 lbs every two weeks, but I am rather proud that I had the discipline to make it halfway to my initial goal so quickly.

I expect it will take approximately a month from here to hit my goal of 210, even with adding consistent gym visits to my diet now that I feel good enough to run again. My plan was to weigh in at or below 210 on the morning of September 19th, but now I think I can do that by August 19th, and at least by August 26th...which is very significant.

Over the last 15 days, I've allowed myself just 4 "cheat" meals. Well, I planned for two....the other two just happened when I didn't have enough will power to pass up a breakfast biscuit from McDonalds on the way to work. I might have to take a different route to work some days to make sure my autopilot doesn't take me through their drive through again.

With my other attempts at weight loss, I have tried to keep track of my progress here and have failed with the weight loss, so blogging about it fell to the wayside. This time around, I only plan to update twice; my halfway point (aka, this post here) and when I finally reach my goal. Hopefully that second post will come sooner rather than later, because I am more and more motivated for it every single day.

No comments: