Thursday, July 02, 2009

Taking Off


I have been looking forward to this long weekend for a while now. I had a great time up north over Memorial Weekend, and this one looks to be even better. The weather is going to be Max friendly (and more importantly Guinness friendly) and I should be able to beat a lot of the traffic today since I get off work so early. Hopefully I will be unpacking just as rush hour starts.

One of the best things about being up north is the lack of communication when I am up there. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365.25 days a year I have my phone on me, and turned on. If it rings, I answer. Service in the cabin is spotty at best, and when we are on the lake I don't get any service at all. It's a little easier to relax when you know the phone won't ring.

The flip side of that is that I won't have any internet service the whole weekend....then again, is that all that bad either? Unplugging every now and again is somewhat therapeutic. My time up there will be well spent, even if I don't do a damn thing the whole time.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have a safe trip.. sorry we didn't hang out more but you know how this week was... Hopefully I'll see you soon on my home court :)