Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Morning Music 7-21-09



I liked this so much yesterday, I'm trying it again. And I just gotta say, I never realized until this morning that I have 6 different songs titled "Love Song". Mind you, there are three versions of the same song in there, but still....

1. One Thing- Finger Eleven. "Between both these times I drew a really thin line It’s nothing I planned And not that I can But you should be mine Across that line....If I traded it all If I gave it all away for one thing Just for one thing If I sorted it out If I knew all about this one thing Wouldn’t that be something....Even though I know I don’t wanna know Yeah I guess I know I just hate how it sounds."

2. Make Damn Sure- Taking Back Sunday. "A long night spent with your most obvious weaknesses You start shaking at the thought You are everything I want 'Cause you are everything I'm not....And we lay, we lay together just not Too close, too close (How close is close enough?) We lay, we lay together just not Too close, too close"

3. Love Song- 311. "Whenever I'm alone with you You make me feel like I am home again Whenever I'm alone with you You make me feel like I am whole again....However far away I will always love you However long I stayI will always love you Whatever words I say I will always love you I will always love you"

4. Friends- Led Zeppelin. "Had a friend, she once told me You got love, you ain't lonely Now she's gone and left me only lookin' for what I knew"

5. Secret Spell- Tori Amos. "In one hand dreams a plenty, in her smile a secret spell. There have been disappointments, these she knows all too well... And you losing you was not a part of this plan"

6. Before the Lobotomy- Green Day. "Singing I can hear them singing When the rain had washed away All these scattered dreams"

7. Money- Pink Floyd. "Money it's a crime Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie Money so they say Is the root of all evil today But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're giving none away"

8. Snow (Hey Oh)- Red Hot Chili Peppers. "When will I know that I really can't go To the well once more time to decide on When it's killing me, when will I really see All that I need to look inside"

9. Call Me When You're Sober- Evanescence. "How could I have burned paradise? How could I? you were never mine"

10. Love Song- Tesla. "Love is all around you, love is knockin' outside your door Waitin' for you is this love made just for two Keep an open heart and you'll find love again, I know"

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love Song by 311 is probably my all time favorite song!

Max said...

I really can't choose between the three versions I have. The same song done three totally different ways, and I like them all for what they are.

I'd probably have to go with The Cure's version, just because it's their song originally....but I still really like the remakes.