Friday, February 05, 2010

February's First Friday

If we run this light
Ah, Friday is here. The first Friday of February at that. To celebrate, I think I am going to just take it easy this afternoon. I'm feeling a little run down this morning, but I've been dealing with that just about every Friday since I started working the hours I am now. Add to that the things I had to get done, and the commotion all around me this week and I am thinking a nice long afternoon of nothing is a good idea. It's a shame the hot tub is out of commission for a while.
Take a little life
I've really got nothing else to say this morning. I know that the Super Bowl is only a couple days away, and that I would normally be talking about it and trying to handicap it as best I could....but I don't even know the spread yet. I don't even know who is favored. I would expect the Colts to be a favorite, but I know that the Saints are popular with the average recreational bettor. With that, I'd have to say the Colts would be a 1.5-2.5 point favorite maybe....I'll check on that in a bit.
No one will care at all
I've been a little behind in terms of music lately. I finally bought Crash Love from A.F.I. last weekend. I've listened to it all the way through one time, and listened to a string of the songs on the CD a few times. Usually starting with Beautiful Thieves and ending with Medicate. I absolutely love listening to Beautiful Thieves right now. Can't get enough of it.
We can burn it and leave
I also picked up Swoon from The Silversun Pickups the same day I got Crash Love. It was on sale for like half off, and I figured I might as well check them out since they are opening for Muse on 3/13. It would be good to know what to expect from them. I've listened to about half the songs on the CD, and nothing has jumped out at me yet....maybe I'll give the whole CD a listen later today and see what happens.
For we are the beautiful thieves
OK, so Indy is a 4.5-5 point favorite....I gotta say, I like the Saints with that. I think it's the better value with the 5 points, but I wouldn't be confident betting on either team this year. The only thing I know I will be betting on for sure is the coin flip. I've been betting a dollar on tails for YEARS. Wow....I can probably say decades now. This is at least my 20th year betting on tails for the Super Bowl coin flip. Sheesh, where has the time gone?
No one suspects at all
Well wherever that time has gone, my time to blog today has now joined it....

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'll be at Muse too!!