Tuesday, February 02, 2010

It's Groundhog Day!


To be honest, I have no idea where Groundhog Day came from....but why let that stop me from celebrating it. Groundhogs are cute, helpful to the environment, and I've been told they are also lucky as well. ;-)

The most famous groundhog of all, Punxsutawney Phil, saw his shadow at dawn today. Supposedly that means that we'll have 6 more weeks of winter....but if you consider his track record for predictions is under 40%, it looks like we are more likely to have an early spring. Whatever the case may be, I tend to stick with what the calendar says....but I sure wouldn't mind things getting warm pretty quick around here. I've been itching to get on my bikes the last month or so, and that's not gonna happen until we get some temps above the freezing mark.

It's unfortunate that today is a Tuesday. My longest day of school each week this semester, and I have a couple errands to run between work and school....so I might not get a chance to watch the movie like I usually do each year. Ned Ryerson?!?!

I've often wondered exactly how I'd handle myself if the same thing that happened to Phil Connors ended up happening to me. I'd probably make a few trips to Vegas, betting on all the NHL/NBA money line winners that I could, then hitting some high stakes blackjack to increase my winnings. It wouldn't be a bad idea to pad my net worth every day, just in case February 3rd did show up sometime soon. Mmmm....Vegas anyone?

Since we've already established that today is a Tuesday, there is always the Mega Millions option as well. The jackpot is not nearly what it was a few days ago....but who would say no to $12 million? I guess that means I could skip the Vegas trips as long as I played the right numbers each day....but why would I want to do that? What would be better than waking up in the Bellagio worth at least $12 million more than when you went to bed? As long as I still had both kidneys that is.

Well Vegas or no Vegas, you can be sure I'm going to pay attention to the Mega Millions numbers tonight....just in case. Want to get away?

No comments: