Thursday, February 11, 2010

Up and Down


I'm generally not one to get my hopes up about things. I don't believe in jinxes or anything, but it does always seem that once I start to get my hopes up for something, whatever it is ends up falling through. I can see why it feels this way....when you get your hopes up for something and it doesn't happen, you are disappointed (sometimes even devastated) by it and when you don't get your hopes up, you are less likely to remember the situation later since you didn't have your heart set on it happening. So to kind of protect myself FROM myself, I just don't get my hopes up that much anymore.

Well, a few times in the last week or so I have allowed myself to get my hopes up about some different things....and of course, not too long after I let myself become hopeful I hear one thing or another to knock me back down a bit.

Add to that the fact that my knees and sinuses have about had it with this weather, and a terrible bout of insomnia last night....and this just adds up to one shiny, happy post. Oh yeah....I can't forget my great sarcastic wit today either.

Random thought of the day: I never picture someone old when I hear the name Ryan....

No comments: