Monday, October 05, 2009

Babbling


I haven't had too much to say lately, so I have avoided posting. I have a couple of drafts I really want to finish, but just can't get the thoughts in my head to sound right in my posts and I don't really want to babble on my blog. I was inspired by something I heard recently though...."it's not babbling if someone wants to read it". Mind you, I am the one who said that, but it doesn't mean I can't apply it to myself.

So on to my babbling.

This morning started off much like any other Monday....with me cursing my alarm, and bargaining with myself to get another 20 min of sleep time. Even after the snoozing, I was crazy tired when I got out of bed and it showed in my prep for the day.

First thing that gave me away was getting almost completely dressed before I realized I needed to shave....taking off my work clothes is usually something I enjoy, but not like that.

Second thing; right before I actually shaved, I let the dogs out. They were scratching at the door before I was done drying my face. When I let them in, they both went to their respective food bowls like usual. As I walk from the back door through the kitchen, Kira's bowl is behind me and Guinness has his bowl in front of me. I grabbed the food always set aside to dump in their bowls while I was facing Guinness. There was enough food in there for his breakfast and I dumped it into his bowl. Put the bowl back, and walked back to the bathroom to finish getting ready. Just a couple minutes later, Kira came looking for me....with the absolute SADDEST look I have ever seen on her face. I think she actually pouted.

A few more little things here or there led me to post a "one of those days" status on Facebook before I even started working....and then at work it got a little more annoying when a co-worker showed up unannounced. This is one of those guys that complains about everything....which is where the convo went right away, and didn't stop until he started asking me questions about contacts in my personal e-mail account. This is where the conversation stopped. I don't think I said another word to him.

The day got progressively better from there, and ended up being all right when I finally woke up and got unannoyed. Although with my new hours, I never get a chance to really eat my lunch, and forgot about that when I left work....not eating until dinner. Although I didn't have a real lunch, I did get to snack on some Chex Mix. I finished off the last bag of Chex Mix that I will ever have, and even though I love that stuff....I am happy to say I won't be having all the associated sodium in my diet.

Now as I sit here watching the MNF game with Favre facing the Packers in Min, I have found a way to relax and put my "day" behind me. I might not get anymore sleep tonight than I did last night, but tomorrow won't be one of "those" days since I am sure I got it all out of my system today. The day can't get me down if I don't let it, and I know tomorrow will be much better than today. :-D

No comments: