Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Trust Me, I'm a Doctor


The last few days I have realized something strange about my relationship with Dr. Pepper. I have been drinking an awful lot of it lately and noticed that I drink a LOT of it when I am eating food. Like twice as much as I would drink with any other beverage. The thing is, I don't really drink it when I am not eating. It's not really thirst quenching to me, where almost anything else that is wet can be.

On top of that, I don't really like the taste all that much anymore when I am not eating something. It seems that I will actively search for something to eat when I have one....and I don't need any help finding more calories.

Thankfully I have only one more 17 oz bottle left in the fridge to finish and then I am done with the Doctor for a while. Gonna have to put that on the same list for me as Chex Mix....and McDonald's breakfast after this morning.

I made sure to leave myself some extra time to get to work this morning so I could get some gas on the way....but I left myself more than enough time to get some food on the way too. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but my body is not liking it at the moment.

About this time last year I took some unhealthy things out of my diet. So far, I am doing pretty much the same thing this year. I've made an effort already to eat less red meat. I just stopped eating Chex Mix. I am done with McDonalds for a while. Now I am sick of the Dr. Any suggestions on what I should give up next?

I have a couple random music lists that I could have posted today, but now that the Tigers/Twins play-in game is going into the top of the 11th (after the Tigers took the lead in the top of the 10th and squandered it) I am having a hard time keeping my attention on this post....so I will get on that sometime in the next couple days.

No comments: