Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sleepworking?

TWILIGHT
Ever have one of those mornings where you just aren't 100% sure that you woke up from the night before? It's definitely not one of my favorite feelings, but getting up when I do, I have gotten pretty used to it. I'll often drag myself to the shower more than half asleep. It's not a big deal at all, since the shower will wake me up. Just one problem though....that didn't happen today.
NEW MOON
Looking back at everything I have done this morning until about 20 minutes ago....I can't really remember any specifics. The big stuff (showering, driving to work, etc.) I remember, but I can't recall the little details that would normally be easy for me to think of. What radio station I listened to on the way in, what time I walked in the door for work, how much gas I have left and will I need to fill up on the way home. These are all things I know every day....until today.
ECLIPSE
Who knows? Maybe this is just dementia setting in early. I'm pretty sure the ironic twist of someone as confident in his cognitive ability as I am having memory/brain issues toward the end of life is already a foregone conclusion....maybe it's just hitting me earlier than expected.
BREAKING DAWN
Or maybe I just need to get more sleep.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I vote more sleep needed.

Simply Me said...

I agree with Katie...more sleep is a must. :D

Max said...

I wish it were so simple. I give myself plenty of time to sleep lately, but I seem to just toss and turn in that time.