Thursday, October 29, 2009

I've Got a Notion to Say....


....well, not much really.

My sleep the last couple days days has been limited to about 4 hours each night, and an hour or so of a nap yesterday. Even with the limited hours, the sleep has been so sound that I am not feeling the effects I normally would at this point. I'm never this awake on this little sleep....unless I am in Vegas.

Ah, Vegas. I had a random Vegas memory flash into my mind this morning. Not sure exactly what I smelled, but something that hit my nose DEFINITELY reminded me of something from Vegas. I didn't press too hard to figure out what it was. Instead I just sat back and enjoyed the brief distraction.

Not sure when I will be in Vegas again, which always bothers me, but not having any vacation time available bothered me in a different way this morning. I got an e-mail overnight about an available spot on the disaster relief trip to New Orleans this year. The plane ticket is paid for, and I am pretty sure the room and board is taken care of again, so all I would have to do is sign up and go....but I can't.

I've been wanting to go back to the region since our first trip, but haven't been able to for one reason or another. This time I could physically go, there's nothing on my schedule next week I couldn't cancel or rearrange, but I just can't afford to take the time off without pay. Sooner or later I will make sure to get back there and check out how everything has bounced back, in the areas that it has, but I guess I am just not meant to travel right now.

OK. On to the ultra random playlist chosen by Mr. iPod this morning....

Morning Music 10-29-09

1. No Rain- Blind Melon. "I just want some one to say to me I'll always be there when you wake Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today So stay with me and I'll have it made"

2. Bark at the Moon- Ozzy Osbourne. "Howling in shadows Living in a lunar spell He finds his heaven Spewing from the mouth of hell And when he finds who he's looking for Listen in awe and you'll hear him Bark at the moon"

3. Disturbia- Rihanna. "It's a thief in the night To come and grab you It can creep up inside you And consume you A disease of the mind It can control you I feel like a monster"

4. Sick Muse- Metric. "Everybody, everybody just wanna fall in love Everybody, everybody just wanna play the lead....Pull your little arrows out Let me live my life The one I'd better lead All the blondes are fantasies"

5. Move B*tch- Ludacris. "I'm doin a hundred on the highway, so if you do the speed limit get the f*ck outta my way"

6. Supermassive Black Hole- Muse. "You set my soul alight"
:-D
7. Lust for Life- Iggy Pop. "I'm worth a million in prizes With my torture film Drive a GTO Wear a uniform On a government loan"

8. Tell Her About It- Billy Joel. "You'll never let her go But that's just the kind of thing She ought to know Tell her about it Tell her everything you feel Give her every reason to accept That you're for real Tell her about it Tell her all your crazy dreams Let her know you need her Let her know how much she means....When you love someone You're always insecure And there's only one good way To reassure Tell her about it Let her know how much you care When she can't be with you Tell her you wish you were there Tell her about it Every day before you leave Pay her some attention Give her something to believe....Just a word or two that she gets from you Could be the difference that it makes"

9. Notion- Kings of Leon. "Got a notion to say what doesn't feel right I just wanted to know if I could go home"

10. All I Really Want- Alanis Morrisette. "What I wouldn't give to find a soulmate Someone else to catch this drift....And all I need now is intellectual intercourse A soul to dig the hole much deeper"

No comments: