Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 22....er, 23


A Momentary Lapse of Diet

Current Weight: 241.5

About halfway through last week I completely gave up dieting, caving to the stress around me and the cravings that seemingly came out of nowhere. I am very surprised to have only gained a pound back with as bad as my diet went. Back on the horse as of yesterday, and I am doing pretty well. Now lets just see if I can drag myself to the gym today.

Morning Music 4/14/09

I had a hankerin for a particular White Stripes song this morning, so I chose the first track of my morning playlist.

1. Prickly Thorn, but Sweetly Worn- The White Stripes. Not sure exactly why I wanted to hear this....but I did.

2. Whiskey, You're the Devil (Live)- The Clancy Brothers. This one made me smile. I am not a whiskey man, as many can attest, but have quite a few friends who like it. This song made me think of one friend in particular, and the trouble they have with whiskey being their devil.

3. Layla- Derek and the Dominos. One of the best classic rock songs of all time. I can get lost in the end of the song. Speaking of getting lost, lost in all the talk of how great this song is, and the story everyone knows about this song being about Clapton's unrequited love for the wife of his friend (and former Beatle) George Harrison....and how she eventually married Clapton after divorcing Harrison, is where the name of the song came from since the woman in quesiton was named Pattie Boyd. The inspiration for the name came from Layla and Majnun which was written by a classical Persian poet. It's an interesting story, and has had quite an influence over time.

4. Madly- Tristan Prettyman. Not a bad find through iTunes free songs of the week. I am always open to new music, so I download their featured song of the week pretty often. This one I am happy about, but there are quite a few others that I need to take off my iPod. For some reason this song reminds me of something that chick who sang on Ally McBeal would do.

5. Moment of Weakness- Bif Naked. I guess I could have subtitled the first part of my post with the same name....but Pink Floyd > Bif Naked.

6. I Wanna be Sedated- The Ramones. Classic punk anthem. How can you NOT like this?

7. Crushcrushcrush- Paramore. I always liked this song a lot. Interesting lyrics.

8. Tangerine- Led Zeppelin. What an amazing band. Just one of their brilliant pieces of work.

9. It Keeps You Running- The Doobie Brothers. AGH! This list was soooo good until now. On the bright side, hearing Michael McDonald sing always reminds me of The 40 Year Old Virgin.

10. Love's Theme- Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra. Who needs lyrics?

No comments: