Thursday, April 23, 2009

Morning Music 4-23-09


For most of this week, I've felt as if I was falling behind and couldn't do anything about it no matter how hard I tried. Today I finally feel as if I am catching up. Once I get through this week, I will feel a lot better. When I leave school at 9pm tomorrow, everything will be just that much better. Sleeping in on Saturday will also be a tremendous help.

Dragging a little this morning, I couldn't wait til I got to work to start my morning playlist, so I hit shuffle on the iPod about halfway into my 12 minute commute. Here's what I got.

1. I Write Sins, Not Tragedies- Panic! At the Disco. I haven't heard this song in a while, nor anything else from P!ATD for that matter. I always like the title of this song. I mean, come on....would you rather read about sins or tragedy. Sign me up for the sinning please.

2. You Won't Make a Fool Out of Me- Flogging Molly. I think I've already said more than enough about how much I love this band. Although I don't know that I talked much about our trip to Cleveland to see them at House of Blues. Suffice it to say, I think we are going to have to make Flogging Molly roadtrips an annual event.

3. Pimp Juice- Nelly. Funny how certain memories are attached to songs. I will always think of Cory's wedding when I hear this song. When the Mr and Mrs were introduced at the reception, this is the song they came out to. Classic Cory moment. Also, I still have no idea what "you wanna put your on my rug, dontcha?" means.

4. This Heaven- David Gilmour. The distinct sounds of his guitar drove Pink Floyd for many years, and I really like the CD (On an Island) this song is on. This wouldn't be my first selection from the album, but it's a nice change of pace from Nelly.

5. Rainy Day Women #12 & #35- Bob Dylan. Better known as "Everybody. Must. Get Stoned." I'd be willing to bet anyone out there that they have more experience with that than I do though, so maybe the meaning of this song is lost on me.

6. Girls Gone Wild- Ludacris. Eh. I always thought this sounded like a song Eminem would do. I love me some Luda, but it's just ok to me.

7. Lil' Ghetto Boy- Dr. Dre. Ah, Snoop and Dre. The Chronic. Great memories from the peak of "Gangsta Rap". Hard to believe that was 15 years ago.

8. Carbon Monoxide- Regina Spektor. Ok Mr iPod, I think you have officially come up with the most random playlist in history. I can guarantee most of these songs have never followed their predecessors before now.

9. Song Sung Blue- Neil Diamond. Wow. Still very random.

10. Kick Start My Heart- Motley Crue. Interesting. I had a little discussion on Facebook yesterday about going to Cruefest this year. Mental Note: This goes directly to the gym playlist.

No comments: