Thursday, April 09, 2009

Morning Music 4/9/09

1. Polaris- Jimmy Eat World. WELL....we can tell right away that today's mix is entirely random. When this CD came out a few years ago I really enjoyed it, but I was in a very different frame of mind back then and a lot of things have changed. My music tastes have progressed away from this silly named band.


2. Throw the Jew Down the Well- Borat. Started laughing when I heard the guitar playing to begin the song. I didn't realize I still had this on my iPod....but it was good for a laugh.


3. Drunken Lullabies- Flogging Molly. :-)


4. Detroit City- Tom Jones. It's kinda funny to listen to this song and realize that spending a night in Detroit made him get all whiney and homesick. No love for the D even then.


5. Pretty good song.


6. God's Gonna Cut You Down- Johnny Cash. No one could ever mistake me for a very religious person, but I REALLY like this song. There is something amazing about some of the songs he recorded late in his life. So surreal, yet so utterly genuine.


7. Wake Up- Rage Against the Machine. I only like this song because it was the end of The Matrix. I completely LOVED that movie when it came out. Went to see it in the theater 7 times. It's kinda hard to believe that movie came out 10 years ago. Anyway, at that time I had already outgrown my teenage years and my tolerance for Rage. Not it's just, eh.


8. Get Up- Unwritten Law. Wake Up followed by Get Up? iPod must know how sleepy I am today....yawn.


9. The Day That I Die- Good Charlotte. Very upbeat for a song about suicide. Not one of my favorites from them, or this CD which was pretty effing awesome, but still a tune I find myself singing along to.

10. Different- Acceptance. Very good song. Only song from them I actually listen to.

No comments: