Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jumble-aya


As I begin this post, I see my morning playlist post from yesterday in my drafts. I didn't have the time to finish it yesterday, and don't have my song list from yesterday in front of me. I'll finish it today or tomorrow I am sure, but when I do it will be posted with yesterday's day and time. It'll throw the last few posts of April out of sequence in a way, but it'll still be chronological.1
1
Speaking of the end of April, May will bring us another round of playoff hockey featuring the Red Wings, the Tigers getting deep into their season, the Pistons having the month of May off for the first time in like 7 years, and a lot of movies I am excited to see.
2
May will kick off with the new X-Men movie. I have been eagerly anticipating it since I heard about it, a lot later than everyone else I guess, a few months ago. I think it was actually Super Bowl Sunday. I have done a pretty good job avoiding the previews or finding out any info about the movie up to this point.
3
Thankfully when each preview starts, it gives you a warning when you see the word Marvel on the screen. I can usually change the channel right away when that happens, or plug my ears and hum to myself as I look away. I know I look like an idiot, but I don't care. If Mark can watch QVC to make sure he doesn't see previews for the next lost, I can act like a little kid when it comes to Wolverine.
4
Speaking of Lost, I think I am going to get myself caught up with that sometime soon. Maybe take a long weekend up north and watch it from the beginning after the sun goes down each day. Now that I get out of work so early, I can make it up north on a Friday before most people are done with their days....I kinda like that.
I LOVE THE MARINE CORPS
I had planned to do that with the second season of Mad Men so I could catch up before season three starts, but I just found out last night that I am going to have to wait til the middle of July for that. BOO!
5
Morning Music 4-29-09
6
After choosing yesterday's first song, I think going random today would be fitting. Well, that and I started a random playlist this morning without even thinking about it.
7
1. Forgot About Dre- Dr. Dre with Eminem. I still really like this song. It was my first real exposure to Slim Shady. I've always enjoyed the randomness and hilarity in his lyrics, but his delivery makes what he does gold.
8
2. The Rain- Akon. Eh. A couple good songs on this CD, but this one just made me sleepy. Tempted to skip past it....but I didn't.
GOOD MARINES ARE NEVER LATE
3. Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol. This is a very timely pick for Mr. iPod. I hadn't heard this song in quite a while until the other night when I was on Youtube. I was looking for my favorite scene from a movie, and the one I found had this as the background. I've watched that video a number of times since then, and this song has been stuck in my head a lot lately. This is one of those songs that just about anyone can relate to, and I like the thoughts that pop in my head when I listen to it.
9
4. Make a Plan to Love Me- Bright Eyes. I think Conor Oberst is a wonderfully talented person, and like way more of his songs than I rightfully should. That being said, I don't like this one at all. To me it seems kind of forced. Maybe that has something to do with the title, but since the title is in the song a lot, the song is the same way. Making a plan to love someone just sounds silly to me. Either you love someone, or you don't. It's pretty simple. Maybe he wants to be shown more affection, or maybe his girl doesn't put out enough. Either way, don't beat around the bush. State your desires clearly and go from there. You don't have to always be vague or mysterious just because you write songs for a living....
10
5. Gallows Pole- Led Zeppelin. I've always enjoyed this song. It's one that has a random, meaningless memory attached to it. Just don't try listening to it with only on earphone. You don't get the full effect of the song that way. :(
11
6. A-Punk- Vampire Weekend. I have no idea where they came up with the name of this song, but it's brilliant. It's always the first song listed on my iPod because of the dash after the A. It helps that I like ths song, and most of the album, but I still think it's a nice little ploy.
12
7. One Night in Bankok- Murray Head. Classic 80s tune. I made sure to get the version with the extended intro.
CAN MARINES EVEN COUNT TO 12?
8. Eclipse- Pink Floyd. Love this song, but not on it's own. Brain Damage flows into Eclipse. Any Colour You Like flows into Brain Damage. Us and Them flows into Any Colour You Like. Those four songs together are the end of Dark Side of the Moon. Can't be separated in my mind. The beating heart at the end used to scare me as a kid, but after listening to it so much, it has come to represent something more to me, and it's actually soothing now. Another example of how immersion can help you overcome fears.
WHO AM I KIDDING?
9. My Violent Heart- NIN. I really like this song, but can't identify with it anymore. The violence has slowly seeped out of my heart as I've gotten older. Now the question becomes, what has filled the space in which the violence used to reside?
EVEN IF THEY COULD COUNT THAT HIGH,
10. Disco Science- Mirwais. Great way to end my playlist. I can't remember what scene this was from in Snatch, but it fit really well and I downloaded it soon after I saw the movie. It's a great song to listen to for motivation when I have to get something done that requires a good amount of thought. It'll get you going, and has no lyrics to distract you.
THEY'D NEVER FIND THIS

No comments: