Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 29


Current weight: 240 lbs.

While I can't seem to take my diet as seriously as I'd like, especially on the weekends, I am still losing weight consistently with dieting I am actually doing. It's just not enough. At my weight, my body can fluctuate up to 5 lbs either way in the course of a day. While I do each of my weigh-ins at the same time of day to minimize this effect on my progress, I don't really see this as all that much progress because I could easily end a day right where I was when I started of this anyway.

I need to have a noticeable drop to feel better about this. I have noticed my pants fitting a little looser, but it's nothing I would really notice if I wasn't looking for it. What I need is to look in the mirror and SEE that I have lost weight, or for my friends who see me regularly to notice it. That's when I will feel good about my progress. Until then, I will just sit here and eat my handful of dry cheerios with disdain.

Morning Music 4-20-09

Time to see what iPod has in store for me today....hopefully he's not gonna let his sense of humor choose just because of today's date.

1. Just Sixteen- Velvet Revolver. Not one of their songs I would go out of my way to listen to, but nice pace and a good way to start off the morning nonetheless.

2. The Legend of John Henry's Hammer- Johnny Cash. I was never a fan of Cash's long winded "ballads of" and this really is not an exception.

3. The Fly- U2. This might be the first time a U2 song has popped up on one of my morning playlists. Whether or not it's one of my favorites from them, it's always good to hear them. As I stated on Friday, U2 always makes everything better....even when people are threatening your life.

4. Strip My Mind- Red Hot Chili Peppers. Another song that isn't what I'd choose from that artist, but still very listenable.

5. Viva la Vida- Coldplay. "OK, enough complaining....here's the song you would pick from this artist." Thank you Mr I. Now let me sit back, close my eyes, and enjoy this.

6. Knockin on Heaven's Door- Bob Dylan. I can't say enough about how much I like his songs. Even Guns N Roses covered this one well.

7. Green, Green Grass of Home- Tom Jones. It's too early to listen to this slow paced song about dreaming when I just want to be back home dreaming myself. Ugh.

8. Original Fire- Audioslave. Thank you. Needed to pick up the pace a little.

9. The Curse- Audioslave. Back-to-back picks from the same group, this better be good....and well, listening closely to the lyrics this time around, I actually do think this is a good song. Much better now than I thought the other times I have heard it. I love the chorus. It changes slightly each time, and seems to get better throughout. Here is the final chorus:

As you're laughing at this fool tonight
Let me rid myself of any line that I might choose to trip you up
And as I'm howling at the moonlight, don't you kid yourself
I will be your luck, even at my worst
I will be your luck, never be your curse

10. Charlie- Red Hot Chili Peppers. Another artist repeat. Since it's not back-to-back, I guess I can be a little more lenient for this....which is good because I already know this song, and it's one of the ones I think is just ok.

Last Night

Stayed in last night to work on a speech and a paper for school. As the semester draws to a close here in early May, more and more assignments are coming due. As long as I get through the next three weeks without losing my shit, I will be done and can relax for a while. And assuming that I turn in all my remaining assignments and don't totally bomb them in the process, I should have another semester on the dean's list behind me soon.

While sitting on the couch doing my homework and watching some playoff hockey, we somehow came across the Miss USA contest as they were doing the swimsuit competition. Now, we didn't really want to watch any of that....but the Veronicas were going to be performing, so I kinda had to stick around and see how they did.

Now during the contest, I realized that one of the girls (Miss Kentucky) reminded me of Nikki Reed. I looked up pictures for both girls, put them side by side, and showed Mark who agreed. Then I showed another friend online, and she disagreed. Let me see what y'all think.

I watched the Miss USA thing til the end, and was disappointed that the three I picked didn't do so well. Then again, I'm not nearly as sophisticated as the Miss USA judges. You know, Keenan from SNL and one of Trump's kids. Professional judges.

All during the Miss USA pageant, I had the Lifetime movie Prayers for Bobby on split screen so I could look for my uncle as an extra in a couple of the scenes. Now that a bunch of movies are being shot in Michigan and my uncle is retired, he got himself an agent and does movie work on the side.

So after this "busy" Sunday night, I finally get to bed but have hard time staying asleep. I don't remember too many dreams from last night, but the one I do remember was extremely vivid. I was recruited to play double -A ball for a nearby team. I pitched in a couple games, and even though I had a couple Nuke LaLoosh moments, I had a very respectable ERA. Especially for someone they pulled right off the street. Long story short, I was just a band-aid for them until one of their pitchers came off the DL, and then they assigned me to their A ball club to work on my delivery. Unfortunately, the A club was in NY and didn't pay nearly enough for me to really live on. I had to walk away from being a pro baseball player.

Although I didn't sleep so well, I wasn't doing much tossing and turning at all. I must have been on my left side pretty much all night, since I woke up with a very stiff, very sore shoulder. Even just typing this morning bothers me....although you'd never be able to tell with all these words above.

I guess with all this rambling, I can end this just about any time now.

No comments: