Sunday, April 12, 2009

Perseverance


I'm running bad lately. I've played my cards the best I could, overall, and am still running bad. This applies to both my poker game and my personal game of life.

The poker is easy to diagnose. I don't expect to play perfect, but I do expect to play well and adjust my game at times that benefit the bottom line. With hand histories and statistical analysis, I can see exactly how well, or poorly, I am playing overall and I am not disappointed at all in my play....now if only I could get my cards going to put me on a nice rush.

Life, however, is not as easy to diagnose. It's just as easy to second guess....but you can't analyze everything. Am I playing my cards right with my life? Have I played too tight for too long, making me a short stack as the blinds get insanely high? I really don't like poker analogies, but they seem to make more sense that a lot of other analogies....maybe poker really IS life.

OK, I know that's not true....but it's be a lot easier if it were.

No comments: