Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Morning Music 4-21-09



Started off the morning with a song I wanted to hear, and let Mr iPod choose the rest.

1. Gives You Hell- All-American Rejects. I've loved this song since I first heard it. Very often I like a song because of the lyrics or the message within, but that's not the case here. I am not a bitter ex. As a matter of fact, I could easily maintain a friendship with any of my exes, assuming they could do the same. They are all great people, but our relationships just didn't work for one reason or another. I harbor no ill will toward anyone I have ever dated. That being said....I still love this song.

2. Tiny Vessels- Death Cab for Cutie. I like most of their songs, but a lot of them tend to sound similar to me. I wasn't sure which song this was til I looked at the title on my iPod about halfway through.

3. Rock Me Gently- Not Sure, But it's the Version from the Jeep Commercial. This commercial got this song stuck in my head for a long time, and I downloaded it to make sure anyone else who drove anywhere with me, namely Mark, could share in my pain at the time. I still use it every now and again on the way home when I am DD. Great value for my 99 cents.

4. The Curse- Audioslave. Two days in a row Mr iPod? You must really like this song. Yeah....me too.

5. Good- Better than Ezra. Another song I really enjoy, but don't care about the lyrics. This song in entirely too singable. Thankfully no one was around me when it came on.

6. Galvanize- The Chemical Brothers. One of the many fine offerings from their Push the Button album.

7. Lost- Katy Perry. She has a lot of songs that are pretty good outside of her monster hit I Kissed a Girl. This isn't one of my favorites, but it's listenable.

8. Sir Psycho Sexy- Red Hot Chili Peppers. Mr iPod is on quite the RHCP kick lately.

9. People = Sh*t- Richard Cheese. How can you not love Richard Cheese? I remember driving around as a teenager and singing contemporary songs as bid band and lounge songs. I thought it was cute and funny at the time, but hearing him do it puts those cute moments to shame. The name of this song is also an equation I think of every Tuesday and Thursday when I am in math class....

10. How Do I Live- Leann Rimes. I guess you can consider this country, but I still really like it. She's also turned into a very pretty woman. She's no Jewel or anything, but she's still pretty hot.

Backing Out

I went to Home Depot after work yesterday to get some stuff for the garage. Came home, and changed clothes so I could work on my speech (that I left at work), but soon after changing clothes I ended up hurting my back by stretching too far, for too long without warming up a little.

Hopefully by taking it slow today and doing a little stretching here and there, I can work this sore muscle out. If not, I'll have to limit my physical activity until it feels better. That means very little, if any, riding as well as getting stricter with my diet. If this lasts a few days, I am gonna be quite the grouch. Strict diet + back pain - motorcycles = me being no fun to be around.

So the light fixtures I got for the garage are gonna have to wait. I also picked up a couple huge (96 inch) florescent light bulbs last night to replace the one in my basement that burned out. Replacing those is a piece of cake compared to putting up the shop lights in the garage, and just reaching up for those few seconds to change the basement bulb really affected my back.

So that's where I am. Whining about my back hurting. I'm pretty sure this goes for everyone, but I really don't like back pain. Most pain is very easy to endure, but back pain can stop you from doing so much. Although....I can (and do) think of one specific way I'd really enjoy a little pain on my back.

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

I can sympathize with you on the back pain...I just have different degrees of pain with mine. Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself, I hope it gets better soon!