Monday, April 13, 2009

Morning Music 4/13/09


I hadn't planned on a song post this morning, but now with a little extra time and after having read my last post, it's probably a good idea. I guess at first glance, the last post isn't too bad....a few misspellings here and there, no big deal. Then I looked at the time stamp and tried to remember what was going on in my head, but I can't.
I
I don't really remember being awake at that time, although by multiple accounts I was, and I always ramble random stuff when I am that tired. Even more random than normal. I've read it a few times, and still have no idea what I was getting at. Now I know what it's like trying to talk to me sometimes. A whole bunch of words that could mean a lot of things, but no clarification. Glad I don't talk to myself all that often.
REALLY
1. Queen Anne's Revenge- Flogging Molly. It's no surprise that a Flogging Molly song pops up first. They are one of the bands that dominate space in my ipod. Thankfully this is one of their up tempo songs, I don't know that I could have handled a ballad this early.
HATE
2. Assassin- Muse. Another up tempo song, this one just kicks it up a notch for me after the Flogging Molly.
THAT
3. Vapor Trail- The Crystal Method. Good song to level off the aggression and intensity of the first two.
I
4. Friends- Led Zeppelin. Not one of the most popular of Zeppelin songs, but this one had quite an impact on me when I was first really learning what music meant to me, and what kind of music meant what to me. This was on a mixtape that my mother had made when she was in her early 20s. I found it on the flip side of a tape of myself as an infant, and played it an awful lot when I was young.
HAVE
5. Back Down- 50 Cent. When 50 hit the scene with Get Rich or Die Tryin, I wanted to buy the CD. A friend at work gave me the his copy of the it so I could make a copy. I still have it. Guess he shouldn't have gotten himself fired.
TO
6. Track #2- Technation II. The name of the artist and song were lost in the great computer fire of '01....but I like this song nonetheless.
MANUALLY
7. Three Coins in the Fountain- Frank Sinatra.
FORMAT
8. In a Sentimental Mood- Benny Goodman. My ipod must be sentimental. Well, it IS getting old.
THIS
9. Fidelity- Regina Spektor. I could go on and on about how much I like her, but you already know by now.
TEMPLATE
10. No I in Threesome- Interpol. Ain't that the truth?

No comments: