Friday, April 24, 2009

Shadow of the Day


WHEN
Ugh. With all the stuff going on this week, I have not been able to make it to the gym once. The earliest I can make it would be tomorrow morning, but I still need to see if I am getting the tire replaced on my X tomorrow. If that's the case, Sunday it is.
EVERYTHING
So I am glad the Wings are done with Columbus now, but it's somewhat bittersweet. They were the only possible opponent for us in our time zone. The only team left in the West that isn't at least two time zones away is Chicago, and there is no way we play them next round. If San Jose comes back from a 3-1 deficit to beat the Ducks, they play the winner of the Calgary/Chicago series and we play Vancouver. If Anaheim can win one more game, we get them. Either way, our road games are gonna be very late starts next round, and I will probably miss at least one because of it.
TURNS
Even without staying up for a late Wings game, I have been dragging this week. After class tonight I will probably take Black Betty out for an extended ride home (Mental Note: Gauge friend's interest in yacht club dinner tonight) up Hines Drive, if it's open. Whenever I make it back home, I am pretty sure I am going crash out hard and get some much needed rest.
GRAY
Since tomorrow is going to be such a nice day, I want to get up relatively early so I can get some stuff done around the house and garage. If I get a new back tire, I'll be taking the X for a ride to see how she handled the winter in the garage. I started her up last weekend and she sounded and felt fine, but you never know.
WHERE
Whatever happens early tomorrow, the one thing I do have planned for the afternoon is going to BW3 to watch the NFL Draft. Going to B-Dub's is kind of a tradition for draft day that dates back more than ten years to our CMU days. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Lions picks, as well as some other teams I want to keep an eye on.
WILL
After the first round or so of the draft is over, I think I am done going out for the weekend. I have so much to do with papers and speeches and studying and whatnot....I'll probably have my face buried in my laptop the rest of the weekend.
YOU
Morning Music 4-24-09
FIND
I had one song I wanted to listen to on the way in this morning, and that set off this playlist.
YOUR
1. Hard Sun- Eddie Vedder. Pretty sure this one has come up before, but I really like this version. One of the few covers that I like more than the original.
SUN?
2. My Hallelujah Song- Julianne Hough. WTF is this? Where in the hell did this come from? This led to a first for me with my random morning playlilst....I skipped this song after about 30 seconds. And even THAT was too much for me.
I close both locks below the window
3. Code Red- Tori Amos. While I have heard that American Doll Posse is a concept album, I actually haven't listened to it from start to finish. There are a few songs on the CD that I enjoy, but isn't that just about any Tori Amos album?
I close both blinds and turn away
4. Daughter of Darkness- Tom Jones. According to Tom Jones, women are evil. Who am I to argue with "The Voice".
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
5. The (After) Life of the Party- Fall Out Boy. I like most of what they do, but am so sick of them. They have faded a little since becoming victims of their own stardom, and Pete Wentz, and being overexposed. This song reminds me of an 80s song, but I can't think of which one. Any help out there?
Sometimes goodbye's the only way
6. Kiss Me, I'm $#!*faced- Dropkick Murphys. Ahh, the contemporary Irish love ballad.
And the sun will set for you
7. Back in Your Head- Tegen and Sarah. Another group I hear too much about, and didn't really miss. This is a good song, but I have heard it way too much. It's not THAT good you know.
The sun will set for you
8. Dirty Little Thing- Velvet Revolver. I have no idea what the lyrics mean, but I think this song sounds enough like old Guns n' Roses stuff to really enjoy it anyway.
And the shadow of the day
9. Violence- Bif Naked. Mr iPod seems to have a thing for her. I'm not buying into it anymore. Good stuff, but a little dated.
Will embrace the world in gray
10. Shadow of the Day- Linkin Park. I REALLY like this song, but listening to the words always makes me sad. I have been blessed to have some truly wonderful people come into my life over the years. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever and the sun will set on many relationships. Saying goodbye to those special people who have left my life was always very hard. I'm not really a very nostalgic person, but when it comes to people I get close with, I really am.
And the sun will set for you
I can even extend this to my pets, who I am VERY nostalgic about when they are gone. The impact they have had on my heart and soul is immeasurable. I still miss the first dog I ever lost, and lately just seeing how time is catching up with Guinness breaks my heart a little bit every time I think about it.
In cards and flowers on your window
I realize just how limited our time together is now, and with how busy my life will be for the next year or so, I won't get to spend as much time just chilling out with him and Kira as I would like. I'll take advantage of what time I can, and fully plan to spend as much time up at the cabin with the two of them this summer as possible.
Your friends all plead for you to stay
From here it leaps to my current situation. I very well may be leaving the area before the end of the year. Saying goodbye to those nearest and dearest to me will be one of the hardest things I've ever done. I have had a wonderful support system of friends and family near me for so long, it will be quite an adjustment just walking away from that. This is the biggest reason I got a webcam built into the laptop I purchased earlier this year. If I am far away from everyone for a long enough time, I will need the intimacy that cam chats can provide above normal IM or e-mail chats.
Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple
And while this sun may set sooner than expected, it will undoubtedly rise again.
Sometimes goodbye's the only way

No comments: