Saturday, April 04, 2009

Restless Night?


I finally get to sleep in today. No getting up at 4am. Which is good since I went to sleep about 1:30. I turned off both of my alarm clocks before I went to bed, but my body must not have gotten the memo that I am NOT working OT time like I should be. I woke up at 6:15 with this terrible feeling that I was late for work. I looked at my phone, took a minute to make sure it was Saturday, then went back to sleep til 9am.

Other than the brief moment I woke up I slept solid for 7.5 hours, which I have found to be pretty much perfect for me. Why then, do I feel like I didn't sleep last night? On an average week night, I get about 4.5 hours of sleep. Last night I got almost twice that, but feel worse than I do when I get up for work.

With not much planned this morning, and a heads-up match on Pokerstars looming Tuesday, I decided to hit up Stars for a few play money heads up games to get used to the structure and the feel of the HUSnGs on Stars since I play those only on Full Tilt.

Long story short, I didn't fare well with the play money and decided to hit up the cash games on Stars. Mind you, since I went broke there I haven't reloaded. I was down to about thirty cents a few months back and decided to try and run that up as high as I could. After a week or so I had about ten bucks. This was about the time I went back to school, and all my free time for poker went out the window.

Until today I had played sparingly there, and not at all this year, and my account was sitting at a strong $11.86 when I logged in today. After a couple hours of grinding the micro limits, I am even stronger now at $14.83. At this pace, I'll be able to buy myself a sandwich in just a few months....

Now that I am done padding my Stars bankroll, I need to figure out what to do with the rest of my day. There are a couple options that could turn out REALLY fun, but that's depending on a couple other people....and that doesn't seem to go too well for me lately.

No comments: