Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes....

It's been a hectic couple of weeks, and it's nice to have some time to chill out and organize my thoughts. I've got some serious thinking to do, and even though it seems like I have a decent amount of time to make one major decision, it's going to seem like no time at all I am sure.

The world works in strange ways. You can spend most of your life dreaming about something, then when you finally realize it's just a dream and move on....it doesn't take but a minute to drop back into your lap and say, "Here I am!"

After years of hoping to find a path that will take me where I need to be, since I didn't know where that was, I finally know my destination and can see plenty of paths to get there. Now I just have to choose the one that fits me best.

Along the way I know I will have to give up a lot, but how much is too much? At what point will I give away so much that I end up losing myself in the process?

I have changed a lot over the years, and am definitely not afraid of change. Little by little, we all change every day. It's a gradual process with some big jumps here and there, but real change takes time. It has to. Even if you quit something cold turkey, you still crave it. Over time you won't crave it anymore. One day, you can even forget about it.

My issue here is figuring out how much I can walk away from in a short period of time, given the recent changes I've already gone through. I know I will figure out what is best for me....I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

No comments: