Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Morning Music 3/25/09



I slept very soundly last night, but I just get up too effing early....I need me some good music. Let's see what the iPod has for me today.
This space intentionally left blank
1. Gotta Serve Somebody- Bob Dylan. Ironic that this is the first random song as I start work.

2. The Greeting Song- Red Hot Chili Peppers.

3. Drown Me Slowly- Audioslave. I've always liked their sound, and this is one of the songs I like most from them.
Does
4. Still D.R.E.- Dr. Dre. The beats he laid for other artists (like Eminem) and himself around this time were completely infectious. I'm not sure that I could listen to songs like this on a regular basis nowadays, but it's good to hear every now and again.
anyone
5. The Carpel Tunnel of Love- Fall Out Boy. I'll never forget seeing the video for this song when I caught them at DTE Energy Music Theatre in beautiful Clarkston, MI.
ever
6. I Ran- Flock of Seagulls. One of the definitive songs of the 80s. Every time I hear it, I think of playing GTA: Vice City. That series of games is so addictive. I have already finished the storyline in GTA IV, but keep playing it anyway. It has replaced my poker addiction lately, but I kinda regret that....at least the poker can be profitable.
really
7. Riot- Wyclef featuring Serj Tankian. This is the first song off of Wyclef's Carnival II CD, which I had been waiting YEARS for by the time it finally came out. It's a great way to kick off the album, and the blend of Wyclef with Serj (lead singer of System of a Down) works a lot better than you would think.
read
8. Pain- Jimmy Eat World. I really think they would have had a little more staying power if they didn't have such a gimmicky name. I like a lot of their stuff, but I would never tell someone I am listening to a band called Jimmy Eat World.
between
9. You Make My Dreams- Hall and Oates. They have some pretty terrible songs don't they?(hopefully you are not reading this Kimmy) This song always makes me think of The Wedding Singer. Isn't Alexis Arquette scary?
the
10. Push It- Rick Ross. It's not nearly as good as Hustlin', the Katt Williams anthem, but it's still a catchy song. Good to see that hip-hop artists have started this new thing called sampling.
lines?
Overall this is a really good playlist for me. Only one song on here that I would skip over on a normal day. It's definitely helped me get through my morning, which has gotten a lot more hectic than I expected. Started this post at 7:22, not posted until more than two hours later. Although I am happy because me being busy=quick work day. No time to sit and think means no time to notice how tired I really am today. A nice virtual perk.

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

LOVE the Wedding Singer, I can tell u exactly where that song pops up too, lol. And why u dissin George? LMAO!

Haven't heard some of these songs...looks like I'll have something to do tonight!