Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You Know That I Could Use Somebody....

Today's morning playlist was inspired by a good friend. One whose taste in music I completely respect, and that is saying a lot. A few weeks ago she gave me a song to check out as "homework". I must have listened to this song four or five times in a row right away, then promptly bought the album from iTunes.

I was already familiar with Kings of Leon, but had not heard the song Use Somebody until my homework assignment. I knew one of the songs on their new CD and really liked it, so after hearing Use Somebody and previewing a couple other songs, I knew this was a CD I wanted to buy.

By now I have probably heard every song on the CD at least once, but I am yet to listen to it from beginning to end....which is not like me. Well, today is the day. I'll have a relatively quiet morning, so it seems like a good opportunity to me.

Then after this I will have to bug her for another homework assignment. Her music taste is very similar to mine, which is probably why I respect it so much ;-). Actually, she is very much like me in many ways. I've referred to her as "my better half" on more than one occasion. We aren't married or anything, but she is kinda like a female version of me....except she wears a halo and I am comfortable with my horns. I am always eager to find out what she's got piped into her ears at any given time, so I hope she has something ready for me today.

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

I need to talk to this friend of yours and get some suggestions from her my self, lol. Or u can just pass on the good music to me...I'm always looking for something new to listen to!