Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 1

Tomorrow (more accurately, later today) will be my first day of crazy calorie counting. I've done this before, and I know how well it works for me....but I am not looking forward to it. The first couple weeks are so hard, but also the most important. I give myself a little leeway here and there to cheat, but nothing outrageous, and that helps to get me through. If I can keep the cheating to the bare minimum in the next two weeks, it will set a great tone for the next 6 months.

For a couple years now I have had a standing agreement with my mom. If I can drop down to 200 lbs or less, she will quit smoking. The last time I weighed less than that, I was a teenager. According to the personal trainer I consulted last week, it won't be very easy for me to do. With the amount of lean mass I have on my body, I would probably need to get my body fat percentage into the single digits to drop below 200. I know that it's not always easy obtaining something you want, but I have shown more motivation for a number of things in the last year than I had in the previous 5 or so. I broke out of my rut a few months back, hopefully this is the start of a new, rut-free, journey.

Starting weight: 244.5

Lets see exactly how quickly I can get to 200, and what my body fat percentage is when I get there.

No comments: