Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 8


Current weight: 242 lbs

2.5 lbs in a week? Most people would be happy with that, but I was expecting to double that in my first week of calorie counting. The problem there is, just because I was counting all week doesn't necessarily mean that I was limiting the calories. I started out pretty well, going more than two full days before my first cheat meal, but the wheels came off the bus after that.

There was plenty of good food around me at work in the middle of last week. That combined with a morning stop at McDonald's one of the days kept me off the wagon for a lot longer than I had hoped. I climbed back on late in the week, only to fall off again for most of the weekend. So with my back and forth eating pattern, I guess I am OK with a 2.5 lb loss for the week. I'd be happier if it was more, and I will be a lot happier if I can continue a constant loss pattern like this every week. 2.5 lbs per week over 6 months is approximately 65 lbs.

I am only looking to lose about 50 lbs, depending on how much muscle I add in that time, but if I can stay on pace for a loss like that, I will be in a good mood in a month or two. Something to look forward to, eh?

A big reason that I didn't reach my goal was the lack of workout time. My plans fell though even worse there than with the food. Part of it was dislocating my pinky toe on my right foot....again. I tried to run on it a few days afterward, and that was NOT happening. Even so, I should have done a lot more in terms of lifting....but I didn't.

Well, last week is gone. Nothing I can do now but make sure I implement this week's plan a little more effectively. One of the goals for the week is to go caffeine free. If that happens, you might want to avoid me during the evening around midweek. That shouldn't be too hard. With my school schedule, the only people I should even see around that time will be classmates.

2 comments:

Simply Me said...

You are right most people would be happy with a 2.5 pound weight loss...I would be ECSTATIC!

And take it easy on your classmates this week ;)

Sarah said...

How do you dislocate your pinky toe? As miss accident prone I don't think i could even pull that one