Thursday, March 05, 2009

St Jimmy

When my hair gets a little long, I start to look like Jimmy Neutron. It's something I've used in the past to gauge when I need to get my next haircut. The last few days I've been sporting the Neutron look for a different reason, lack of hair product. More precisely, the hair product I normally use. The gel I have as a backup just in case I run out of the normal stuff isn't so great i guess....but I keep forgetting to stop at the store on my way home from work or school. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder for me when I leave today.

Something caught my attention at school on Tuesday and even though it was applicable, it was not the onion booty. I saw a flyer posted for a school sponsored creative writing contest. The last couple months that is the only kind of writing I can do. My English professor is having fits about that actually. She really likes the way I write, but cannot stand the fact that I tend to stray off the path of the assignment. Actually straying is the wrong word. Sometimes I jump right off the path immediately and blaze my own.

So even though I am running late for class the other day, I stopped to check out this flyer. I was very interested as I read over it, until I saw the due date. March 3rd. Yep, submissions needed to be in by that afternoon. I was like 30 minutes past the deadline already. Oh well, guess I will just have to keep an eye out at school for the winning submission and see how it stacks up to my writing. I kinda hope it's a lot better than something I would write for a contest, that way it wouldn't matter that I didn't get one in. If it's not, I will be unreasonably harsh on myself for walking past that cork board all semester and not noticing the flyer sooner.

No comments: