Friday, March 06, 2009

Random Songs 03-06-09


Threw the iPod on shuffle this morning and picked Doesn't Remind Me by Audioslave as the first song. Listening to it usually brings a smile to my face at one point or another because there are times I'd rather think of nothing than of all the thoughts swirling in my head. This song can kinda get me to that point if I let it.

1. Doesn't Remind Me- Audioslave.
2. The Thrill is Gone- B.B. King.
3. All the Love in the World- Nine Inch Nails.
4. You're the First, the Last, My Everything- Barry White. Yes, I have the best of Barry White on my iPod. And yes, you should be jealous.
5. Thinking About You- Norah Jones. I'll never tire of her soothing, sultry voice.
6. Jumping Rooftops- Angels and Airwaves.
7. Love and Memories- O.A.R. Another "feel good" song for me. Good job iPod.
8. The Last Fight- Velvet Revolver. One of my favorite tunes from the "super group".
"Breaking the chains of featherweights and giants
With the stain forever lasting liars
There afraid when we spit out the fire
And start living
living
living my friend"
Gotta love it.
9. Hound Dog- Elvis Presley. Not a favorite, but still not bad.
10. Call Me When You're Sober- Evanescence. I used to have a crush on Amy Lee (I surely wasn't alone there) and I still enjoy listening to her sing, no matter the subject. Here, the strength of character in her words makes it even better.

Image Selection: Kind of ironic really. I decided that I would use a random pic as the lead today, so I decided to do a google image search for "random" and I would use the picture located in the 5th spot of the 3rd row on the 9th page of the search results since today is the 5th day of the 3rd month of 09. At least that's what my post title said until just now. I thought it was the 5th until I looked at my watch just a minute ago. I've changed the post title, but I think the image needs to stay since I've decided that I need to just go with the coincidences in my life lately, and not question them too much.

No comments: