Sunday, January 01, 2017

Page 1 - The Aftermath



If every day of 2017 is a page, the first few in this book are going to be a pretty slow start to the story of my year.  Of course we had the NYE party last night into this morning, with the usual cast of characters.  It's always nice to be able to just hang out with your friends and family on special occasions like that.  However with staying up late and hosting a party, the next day is never fun.  We never get enough sleep, no matter how late we try and sleep in....and the sleep is never all that good anyway.  It's very hard to just be able to rest after a full night of overstimulation.

The dehydration and hunger in the morning is always a bother as well.  Being so hindered from the very beginning of the day leads to little, if anything, getting accomplished.  So it's not too surprising that we didn't do much of anything today.  A lot of chilling out watching football, and recovering from the night before.  In football news, Washington took the Giants lightly and lost.  That eliminated them from the playoffs.  However, that ended up being a good thing for the Lions because we couldn't beat Green Bay in a home game on SNF, so we would have missed the playoffs if Washington had won.  Ideally, I'd like to see both of my favorite teams make the playoffs....but this is the third season in a row, and 4th in 5 seasons, that one of them is in the playoffs.  Now if I could only see another playoff win, that would be nice.

Of course one of my resolutions for 2017 is to lose weight.  A few days ago my wife said something to the effect of "try losing 100 pounds...", so why not?  Even if I only get halfway to my goal, I'll still lose 50 lbs.  Now, she wasn't telling me to lose all that weight, nor do I think that she wants me to lose that much....but it's not a secret that I would benefit from dropping a few.  A couple years ago I was well on my way to hitting my goal of losing at least 50 lbs in the span of a year when I had to stop working out because of an injury, which took the wind out of my sails and I put it on hold.  Now I'm back around the starting weight for that challenge, and I'm upping the ante.

No comments: