Sunday, January 22, 2017

Page 22 - Patriots -3?

After starting off the afternoon celebrating my great-nephew's 4th birthday, we went home to watch the Conference Championship games.  Usually this is the best weekend of the season, with the top 4 teams fighting it out for a Super Bowl berth, but it was somewhat anticlimactic this year.  Anticlimactic might not be great for your viewing pleasure, but it can be very good for handicapping....which it was this weekend.  Both games ended as expected in terms of totals and sides, so that made up for the fact that the games weren't fantastic to watch.
a
Since the Patriots always seem to win the Super Bowl by three points, as soon as it was apparent that they would be going to Houston this year I immediately guessed the line would be three.  By the time the game ended, I saw that they were indeed favored by three....with reduced juice.  At this point, even thought I love Tommy, I'm leaning toward Atlanta.  I don't recall the O/U I saw last night, but it seemed a little high to me....so I will have to keep an eye on that as well.

No comments: