Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Page 3 - Back to the Grind

Back To The Grind GIF - Penguin Grind GIFs



It's amazing how quickly 4-day weekends pass you by.  I just had two of them in a row, and now it's back at it like they never happened.  This is always a tough time at my 9 to 5 too.  There is plenty of work to do in each new year, and now that the holidays are over I don't have any extended time off work planned until late June.  6 months away.  I always feel better about the grind when I have a payoff looming, and being that far from one just makes things a little harder to bear.  One saving grace is that the weekend following this coming weekend will be a 3-day weekend, so I have that to look forward to and get myself in the right frame of mind for coming back from that, because then I'll only have a long Easter weekend until Memorial Day finally arrives.


I must admit, though, that being back at the 9 to 5 should really help me get into a groove as far as eating better.  Being on a tightly regimented schedule will keep me from just walking into the kitchen and picking up something bad to snack on.  Mind you, I can do that at the 9 to 5 too....but if I get into a strict schedule of having certain meals and certain snacks at the same time every day, I will continue to do that instead of grabbing something not on the daily menu.


So....this post here is #3 for 2017.  That's three times the output of last year, and equal to what I did in all of 2015.  Now I am not expecting 365 posts for this year....the most I've ever posted in one year was 116 in 2009.  2010 was my second most proficient at 90 posts, and no other year has reached even half of that, with my 3rd busiest year being 41 posts in 2006.  If you added the posts of all three of those years together it wouldn't even be closed to 365.  Hell, if I doubled my best year and then added the next two I would still fall 2 posts short of 365.  So I am in no way expecting that.  It would be pretty damn cool, though.


Looking at my stats on the sidebar there, it's amazing how different the first 6 years (5.5 really since I started the blog in July of 2005) of posting went for me compared to the last 6.  From my first post in 2005 to my last post of 2010, I totaled 346 published posts.  About 1.2 posts per week.  From 2011 through 2016 I published 74 posts....almost exactly one post per month.  And for that reason, I'm out.

No comments: