Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Page 4 - Second Monday


Today feels like the second Monday in a week of Mondays, that started on Tuesday.  Coming back from the holiday break has been a little tougher than I expected.  I am tired today like I've already worked a full week....and I'm only halfway through a short week.  I guess I can chalk up today's sleepiness to the fact that the I woke up about 30 times last night, and never really got to fall into a deep sleep.  The wind woke me up, the wind woke the dog up....who then proceeded to wake me.  Just not a restful night at all.


Four days into 2017 and I am doing ok with the "eat less, move more" so far.  It's way too early to tell how this will work out, but so far it feels good.  I'm well on my way to my weekly goal of losing 2 lbs.  The first few are always the easiest, and I have plenty "few pounds" I can lose before it will probably start getting tough.  So far my 'moving more' part is just walking a little more than I normally would, but I am hopeful that in the next week or so I'll have a gym to go to again....considering our gym closed on us a couple months ago.


To keep me motivated to walk, I've watched a few hiking/camping videos the last couple of days.  I started with videos of Yellowstone, where we are looking at going this year....but I wasn't as engaged as I was with watching people hike through Yosemite.  It was cool to be able to immediately recognize a few places and be all like, "hey, I was there".  All I know is that I am not going to be able to fully appreciate wherever we go this year if I don't spend the next six months working up my hiking stamina.  It'll be here before we know it, so I've got no time to slack.

No comments: