Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Page 25 - Clutter

Clutter isn't only physical.  Mental and emotional clutter can be just as bad....or even worse.  Right now, the mental clutter I have to deal with just seems like too much.  I have too much on my mental plate.  Maybe I need a mental diet to go along with my physical diet.  By the time I left the 9 to 5 today, my brain was fried.  Thankfully, it was an uneventful drive home.
a
When I got home, I was pretty much useless.  Nearly fell asleep within 20 minutes of walking in the door and decided it wasn't going to be worth it to fight that off....so I took a nap.  Years ago, I used to make after work napping a habit.  Usually three days a week or more I would nap for an hour or two after I got home.  But at that time, I was starting work at 5:30 in the morning and leaving at 1:30 in the early afternoon.  I lived a lot closer to work at that time, so I was normally able to get home and into bed by about 2:00.  Even if I slept more than 2 hours, I was still getting up from my name before most people were home from work.  I've always been a night owl, so it's hard going to bed early enough for a 5:30am shift (especially since I cannot stand going to work without showering in the morning) and this was a way to work around that problem.
a
That being said, I do go to bed early enough nowadays to get sufficient sleep for my current hours, so napping is no longer a habit I should need to consider.  Hopefully this is just a one time or here-or-there type thing.  Seeing as I've had a lot of mental clutter over the last month, it's no surprise that I'm so worn out right now.  I just need to find a way to organize this clutter, and dispose of however much of it that I can.

No comments: