Monday, January 16, 2017

Page 16 - The Funeral

Today was brutal.  I have never liked funerals.  Now, that's not really a shocking revelation....because I don't think anyone actually LIKES funerals, not even the people who make a living from them.  This is a day that came way too soon.  I know my uncle wasn't in the best of health the last few years, but I couldn't imagine a day in the near future without him around.  From the day he died through today, there was so much going on.  Planning, preparing, moving things, searching for things, family travel....but now that the funeral is over and there are much fewer distractions, reality is really starting to set in.
a
I can't really put into words what my uncle meant to me....at least not right now, but he was always one of the most important people in my life.  I'll miss him deeply until the day I die myself.

No comments: