Thursday, January 19, 2017

Page 19 - One Kilogram

So this is a little embarrassing.  I know I'm tired and unfocused lately, but I should be able to do very simple math at any time, under any circumstances.  When I weighed in this morning, I saw that I was still well above my pace weight and that I was going to have to lose 2.2 lbs. (or one kilogram) by Saturday morning.  Unfortunately, I was giving myself too much credit and I will actually need to lose 3.2 lbs. by Saturday morning to stay on pace for my goal.  I don't know how I miscalculated the weight, but I immediately thought it would be a good title for this post and never looked back.
a
So while I thought it would be no problem to lose the kilo between now and Saturday, now I'm thinking I might end up falling a little short.  I know I can trim a couple pounds by avoiding salt the next couple of days, since my diet the last few days has been full of sodium, but any more than that might be pushing it.  I knew this week was going to be a rough one on my diet, so while I'll be disappointed if I don't make my pace weight, it also won't be devastating.  With just a little bit of work and eating better, I should be able to get ahead of my pace weight in the next couple weeks as I had hoped.
a
My cousin will be flying back to Florida this afternoon, and my mother and aunt will drive back in a few days, then things will be back to "normal" around here for me.

No comments: