Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Page 11 - The Splurge is the Word


Well, that escalated quickly.  Yesterday ended up being an unexpected splurge day.  I had planned to splurge on breakfast, that was going to be my one cheat meal today.  Then I ended up going out to lunch at work.  I limited that lunch to half an appetizer and water, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been....just not ideal.  So I scaled back a little with dinner, just my chicken without the normal side of bread....but then I ate a full bag of Flipz chocolate pretzels while LM and I watch three more episodes of Stranger Things after dinner.
a
Even with that, I still posted a slight loss when I weighed in this morning.  It was just .2 lbs. again, but at least it was a loss the morning after a splurge day.  So while I am splurging better now than I would have just a couple weeks ago, I need to be a little more mindful of when I do it.  Splurging that much just a couple days after splurging really big with pizza may very well keep me from hitting my weekly goal, even if I don't go off script at all the rest of the week.
a
Speaking of Stranger Things, LM is absolutely loving the show.  I am entertained by it, but not nearly as into it as she has gotten.  We should finish the first season tonight, and I am hoping that most of the questions we have will be resolved....but would not be surprised if there was at least some sort of cliffhanger for us.  Our next binge may end up being Goliath on Amazon.  I've already watched the whole season, but LM has not.  I'm sure she'll be up to trying it out, but we will see if it will come anywhere close to holding her attention as well as Stranger Things.

No comments: