Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Page 31 - A Full Chapter?

Going 31-31 with blog posts because of this whole "page a day" thing got me to thinking.  Now that I've made it through the first month, does that equal the first full chapter?  That seems like too short of a time frame.  That would mean I'm into my 483rd chapter of my life so far....and that seems a bit much.  So would a year be a full chapter?  That seems more likely, but then why would I do a calendar year for each chapter....and not a birthday to birthday year?  I guess I never really thought this out.
a
I guess it doesn't really matter.  Years, months, chapters....all user defined to one extent or another.  I could think of it one way today, only to think of it in a complete different way tomorrow, then another way the next day.
a
I never expected to use this picture in a blog post.  It was the second or third search result when I Googled today's title, and I am a huge fan of Klosterman's writing.  I bought this book, read it, then passed it on to a friend to read....like I do with all his books.  When I first saw it in the search results, I didn't really consider using it.  I thought it was cool that it popped up, just not something I would normally use.  After scrolling through the results though, I started to think that it was rather fitting considering this is the most I've blogged since I first started, more than a decade ago.  Much of my inspiration came from other bloggers at that time, especially poker bloggers, and especially, especially Pauly....who is the first one to turn me on to Klosterman.

No comments: