Thursday, January 05, 2017

Page 5 - Critical



Yesterday afternoon I was all, "hey look at me" and patting myself on the back for starting off the year pretty well....then I got home.  I did exactly what I said I have to stop doing it I am going to achieve my weight goal for the year, snacking after dinner, and did that with the worst snack in the house.  Now, that right there is the key.  It was in the house to begin with, and I knew it.  There was eventually going to come a night where I had my favorite snack, and maybe two nights....because I'm not sure if there is another bag left or not.  Either way, I am perfectly fine with that as long as I keep it under control.  I was probably averaging 3-6 nights per week of snacking after dinner.  If I cut that down to 1 or less, that is a big step.


However, I am critical of myself for doing it because when I weighed in this morning I was almost to my weekly weight goal....and I probably would have hit it without that snack.  I could easily shrug it off and say it's not a big deal, because it really shouldn't be....but I can't let myself get complacent with the nightly snacking, especially so soon into the year.  So, for the foreseeable future I will ABC.  Always.  Be.  Critical.

No comments: