Sunday, January 08, 2017

Page 8 - Not So Wild Card Weekend

This weekend's games went just as expected, with all the higher seeded teams advancing and (most importantly) covering in each game.  Of course, this means the Lions lost another postseason game....but our season pretty much ended with Stafford's finger injury in the Chicago game anyway.  I know it wasn't enough to keep him from playing, but it obviously affected him on a lot of throws since then and he just wasn't the same passer after that.  All in all, though, I can't be too down about it.  At the beginning of the season, I didn't even think we'd make the playoffs.  6-7 wins was what I thought we had in us, and we got to 9.  Without that injury in the Chicago game, we could have won a tenth game and hosted a playoff game for only the 3rd time in my lifetime....it just wasn't in the cards.
a
Over the 4 games this weekend, I was 14-0 on various wagers with an outcome of +39 units.  Through the regular season I was a slight winner, but I always seem to make my hay on the first two weekends of the NFL playoffs.  If I could just nail my big SB bet every year too, it'd be feeling great....but I've missed on the SB each of the last 2 years, and 4 out of the last 5 I believe.
a
Aside from sports, I did in fact have pizza each of the last two days....ugh I dread what the scale is going to say tomorrow morning.  Saturday wasn't as bad of a pizza night as I expected, since Mark made pizza instead of ordering it.  There wasn't much of it to eat, and I didn't really like it all that much.  Tonight, however, I ate more than I normally do on family pizza night.  That will hinder my effort on my weekly goal, but I'm sure it will still be obtainable.  I didn't eat much before we had the pizza, so it was basically my lunch and dinner and I had it in two different sittings....which is why I ate more than normal.
a
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that I stopped to get LM some flowers on the way home from work on Friday.  I know how much she likes them, and how much better getting them makes her day.  This past Thursday wasn't a great day at work for me, and even though she had a full day of her own, she went out of her way to make my night better after I got home from work.  I figured it was really the least I could do to show my appreciation.  Well, that and watching the Golden Globes with her tonight.  ;-)

No comments: