Saturday, January 07, 2017

Page 7 - One Week In



First official weigh in of 2017 complete.  My goal was to lose 2 lbs., and I lost a little more....weighing in 5.2 lbs. lighter than my starting weight.  I fully expected to lose a bit more than my goal each of the first few weeks this year, because it's really easy for me to lose 10-20 lbs. when I start out.  After that, it gets a little more difficult.  Now, just because I am currently ahead of my pace weight doesn't mean I am going to slow down.  My goal of losing 2 lbs. each week isn't an average....I want to weigh 2 lbs. less than the last weigh in, no matter how much I lost the previous week.  I think it's the best way for me to approach this, because getting ahead of my pace weight and letting up a bit has burned me in past weight loss attempts.
a
This weekend will be a little bit of a challenge for me, and could really set the tone for whether or not I get to my goal by the end of the year or not.  With the Lions playing in Seattle tonight in the Wild Card round, a few of us are going to Mark's house to watch it.  Hanging out at Mark's house usually means Joe & Reno's pizza.  I really like their pizza, hardly ever get to eat it....and I eat too much of it.  Sunday is also usually pizza night at our house, which I am hoping to end.  I don't foresee pizza night ever going completely away for us, I really like pizza and all, but I'd like to cut it back to every other week, or once a month.  That could be the biggest factor in whether or not I make my goal, and I have enough of my own internal hurdles to jump over....I don't need to add more.

No comments: