Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Page 10 - It's Still Winter

a
Some mornings I take my time getting out of bed, relaxing in the hot water of a long shower, or just taking my time getting ready to hit the road.  Today was not one of those days.  Everyone in the area knew we were supposed to get a decent accumulation of snow overnight so when the alarm went off, I knew I couldn't take any extra time since my commute was going to be a little bit slower this morning.  However, not everyone was expecting to see completely untreated roads for the morning commute, due to the fact that it's supposed to rain all afternoon and evening and wash away the snow that we got.
a
The drive to work wasn't as bad as I would have thought listening to the people on the radio complain, it wasn't even the worst I've seen on the way to work this season.  I think a lot of it had to do with the attitude of the drivers.  If it wasn't in everyone's head that the plows and salt trucks weren't doing their job that we pay good tax money for, would anyone really have complained?  We went from zero snow to 3-4 inches overnight.  Even without plowing or salting, the roads weren't bad at all.
a
So I'm looking forward to that pizza weight coming off soon, but it wasn't this morning.  I weighed in .2 lbs. less than yesterday, which at least is a little bit of a loss....but still not below where I was Sunday morning. 

No comments: