Friday, January 27, 2017

Page 27 - The Not-So-Great indoors

So my nap the other day cost me a proper dinner.  I slept too long.  I had no plan other than sleep when I slinked up the stairs and climbed into bed, so I didn't set an alarm or give LM a time to come wake me.  Because of that, LM had no idea when I'd be up and ready to eat dinner and, little did I know, she had something special planned for me for dinner.  Thankfully I didn't need a nap after work yesterday, and when dinner time rolled around I was treated to the sound and smell of grilled onions as well as the smell of the seasoning for her wonderful steak fajitas.  When I heard yesterday that I had missed out on a special dinner, I was hopeful that it was fajitas she was referring to.
a
Aside from a fantastic dinner, there wasn't much from yesterday to talk about....and not much I can think of looking ahead today.  It will be nice not worrying about what time to head to bed tonight, and not getting up early tomorrow, but the weather has gone back to winter norms after a week or so of unseasonably warm temps.  For the next couple of weeks, the temp is expected to be at or above 35 degrees only once....so it seems pretty doubtful that we'll get to spend much time out of doors.
a
Spending most of my time indoors at this time of the year makes it easy to get into a winter time funk.  I'm going to have to do some brainstorming to come up with things here or there to keep myself and LM from succumbing to the blues.  Having a set  destination for our June trip, which we don't as of yet, should help with that.  If it's someplace like Yellowstone, where we will be doing a LOT of hiking, I'll have a much bigger incentive to hit the gym every day just to get a few miles in on the treadmill.  There is a TON of stuff in Yellowstone that I want to see, and I am not going to let my current fitness level get in the way.

No comments: