Thursday, January 26, 2017

Page 26 - Uncluttering



After thinking about all my mental clutter yesterday, I've also had to consider the physical clutter I have in my life.  Just like I've always been a night owl, I've always been somewhat of a minimalist.  I've never been extreme with it, but I've gotten more and more mindful with what I willingly bring into my life through the years.  Even so, I still have plenty of physical clutter I can part with and just haven't done so yet.  This is where my procrastination ends up completely clashing with my minimalistic tendencies.  I probably have a few hundred things in the house that I don't want to keep per se, but I don't ever get motivated to get rid of either.
a
In the last couple years, I've taken interest in the Tiny House movement and those who are looking to live that way.  It's an extreme form of minimalism, but I truly believe that I could do something like that in the right area and situation.  The problem is, since I'm not doing that anytime soon....I have no motivation to get rid of the stuff I have at this point in time that isn't getting in the way of anything for me or anyone else.
a
Slowly but surely I have been taking some mental notes of things of mine in the house that have no real value to me, and most likely won't anytime in the future.  I've also been thinking of how to get rid of each of these items whether it's just tossing them out, donating them, or selling them.  Most of the stuff wouldn't have value to anyone else, so I'm afraid it's going to end up in the garbage.  No matter what, though, getting rid of any of it would be a good start.  I just need to motivate myself to do it sometime this weekend.

No comments: