Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Page 18 - Slow to Recover

I've always been rather quick to recover from pretty much anything physically or emotionally.  My wife and I actually joke about me being Wolverine because of how quickly I heal.  Right now, however, I'm struggling with this a bit.  It's been a week now since I got the news of my uncle dying, and subsequently going to his house to handle everything with the police and funeral home in terms of his body.  Thankfully the police department is still like my extended family in some ways, and the officers on scene made everything as easy as possible for me considering the circumstances.  Since then, I have been in kind of a haze or fog.  I've dealt with things like this one, maybe two days at a time....but never a full week.
a
On top of my emotional recovery, I have a lingering muscle pull in my neck that is making it even harder to sleep.  I tweaked the muscle on Saturday, and it was just a slight pain here or there when I turned certain ways....until Saturday night.  I toss and turn a lot when I sleep, and it was no different that night.  About 3am I turned over as I normally would and felt the muscle "pop" and with it came a whole lot of pain.  Since then, it's gotten a little better each day, but should be completely gone by now.  At least today is a pretty good day with that, and should be the first day this week I don't need any Motrin to dull the pain.

No comments: